Usually after a couple books their wedding with me, I receive an e-mail asking for other vendor recommendations. Florists are generally one of my top requested vendor referrals. If we’re Instagram friends, you know how much I love florals so I’m very excited to share 5 amazing florists who I have had the pleasure of working with!
2. Wood Violet MKE. I love Emily’s approach to floral design. I had the honor of watching her construct floral centerpieces from scratch and turn them into something beautiful for our styled shoot. I was in absolute awe of her talent and skill. She even designed floral collars for the dogs!
3. Floral Alchemy. Liz was awesome to work with and Taylor’s wedding bouquet was one my favorites to photograph. She did an amazing job on the bridesmaids bouquets as well!
4. Courtney Joy Floral. I am a fan of anyone who can incorporate feathers into a bridal bouquet and a flower crown and have it look absolutely fabulous! Courtney brought boho to a whole other level with some of the floral elements in this wedding and I am honored that I was able to work with her. She’s so creative and incredibly talented!
5. Flowers for Dreams. I love this company and their mission. You can read how they got started on their website, but a portion of every bouquet sold goes to support a local charity. I had the opportunity to photograph their wedding work and I’ve also taken a Thanksgiving centerpiece arranging class at their studio. I’m looking forward to working with them again, both in the wedding space and personally!
My 2019 was one of my busiest seasons so far. I had the opportunity to photograph a destination wedding, work with some talented, local vendors, and check out quite a few of Southeastern Wisconsin’s best wedding venues. I also had the honor of working with some of the sweetest couples. From small and intimate to large and lively, I covered just about every type of wedding. Except a brunch wedding, I definitely want to photograph a brunch wedding! Here’s a run down of some of my favorite moments of the 2019 wedding season.
3. The Sanger House Gardens. As a little girl, I was a big fan of the movie & book, ‘The Secret Garden.’ This is kind of what this place reminds me of. John and Millie had a very small and intimate wedding reception here, hosting mostly family and a few very close friends. I can honestly say this was the only wedding that I’ve photographed where I actually cried. I’m pretty good at keeping my emotions in check! Millie’s touching speech about John and her daughters really hit home for me. If you’re looking for a mansion style wedding, definitely check out The Sanger House.
4. The ‘Til Death sign at The Ivy House. This place offers so many “Instagramable” photo ops but this one is by far my favorite. I’m so excited to be back at the Ivy House this May!
5. Dog-friendly venue spaces. When Kyle and Ali told me that they wanted to include their pup, Jax, in their wedding at Birch, I was all for it. I love dogs and I really do love when couples incorporate them into their wedding. I photographed two weddings this year where the couples incorporated their pups and I love that Birch is a dog-friendly venue!
6. Villa Filomena. Another Milwaukee mansion that doesn’t disappoint. I loved everything about Dave and Alexis’s wedding. The day was absolutely perfect and personal in every way. From the handmade hair piece to the game themed reception decor, this couple put their personal touch on every aspect of their wedding and they did it in a very tasteful way.
7. Carving out time for sunset photos. There are a few reasons I love when your wedding timeline allows for sunset photos. First, it’s my chance to pull you away for just a few minutes to really soak up your time as husband and wife. It gives couples a chance to check in with one another and make sure everything is going well, and many couples appreciate the “breath of fresh air” after visiting with lots of loved ones during the day.
8. Brides with a sense of humor. Cassaundra contacted me a few days before her wedding and explained to me how she wanted to play a practical joke on Craig, her husband to be. They were planning on doing a first look, but instead of seeing his bride when he turned around, Cassaundra worked with Craig’s best man to give him a good laugh and relieve any nerves he might have about seeing Cassaundra for their first look. The two enjoyed a “real” first look afterward and it was perfect.
9. Dessert Bars. Not everyone loves cake (I get it, but I don’t…). When you’re not big on wedding cake, hosting a dessert bar is another great option and Miss Molly’s does not disappoint. These brownies were the best I’ve ever had. I’ve worked with Molly for a styled shoot and now for a real wedding and I hear nothing but great things from anyone who eats these delicious baked goods.
10. Vingettes and champagne parades. When your mom owns a rustic and chic decor and home furnishing store in the Third Ward, you better be ready for an amazing wedding day set up! Terry set up vignettes around their property for Alex and Garrett’s gorgeous backyard wedding. When I was photographing the details, I kept thinking about how I wanted to put some of the decor into my new home! This wedding was so wonderfully done in many ways, I can’t wait to share more from their day. Alex and Garrett also did something I’ve never seen any couple do before. They led a champagne parade from their ceremony site to where the guests were to enjoy cocktail hour! That’s definitely a parade I want to be part of.
Corey and Carla are married! These two hold a special place in my heart because I’ve been able to capture every key moment for them since being a couple. I photographed their maternity session, I was there for their proposal, engagement photos, family photos and now their wedding. These two are amazing and I’m so honored to have been able to capture their wedding day.
Corey and Carla were married at the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, WI. Corey loves Harley and Carla wanted a glamorous wedding with lots of windows, so they settled on Rumble within the Harley Davidson Museum event space. The room gave Carla lots of space to bring in her classy style. Double Platinum DJ did the uplighting, provided the crystal pillars, videography and kept the party going all night.
Carla wore a beautiful Enzoani gown purchased at White Dress Bridal Boutique. It was paired perfectly with an elegant cathedral veil from Sara Gabriel. Carla’s sister and Maid of Honor gifted her with the most amazing pair of Louboutin’s! As a shoe lover myself, I was in heaven when I saw these. But Carla wasn’t the only one who had fun putting together her wedding day look. Corey did what I wish more grooms would do for their wedding: he went to Richard Bennett Tailors for a custom designed white tux! It was the best fit tux that I’ve ever seen on a groom. Hands down. He looked pretty sharp!
The two were married by a friend of theirs, danced to Lauryn Hill for their first dance and celebrated the night with many friends and family members. Their whole day was perfect and I’m so happy that I was able to be part of their special day. Congratulations Corey and Carla and thank you so much for choosing me to be your wedding photographer.
Vendors – Venue: Harley Davidson Museum // Flowers: Bloom Lovely // Wedding Dress Shop: White Dress Bridal Boutique //Wedding Dress Designer: Enzoani // Cathedral Veil: Sara Gabriel // Groom Attire:Richard Bennett Tailots // DJ & Videography: Double Platinum // Cake: The Cake Lady //
Even though they were surrounded by many family and friends throughout the day, their day was very intimate. I met Ally at Spectrum hair salon where she was getting ready with her mom and two of her friends. From there, Ally and her mom went back to the hotel to start getting ready for the wedding. Both Ally and Nico spent the morning getting ready with just their parents. It was different than what you normally see and so special.
The two shared an emotional first look right outside their hotel and from there we hopped the trolley to The View at Evolution for their ceremony and then it was off to their reception at the Canal Street Yacht Club. The day was just as perfect as the two of them. Congratulations Nico and Ally and thank you for letting me document your wedding day!
Thank you to all the amazing vendors that helped make Ally & Nico’s Day possible:
Day of Coordinator: Veronica Rose Planning
Hair & Makeup: Niki Seils at Spectrum Salon
Ceremony Venue: The View at Evolution
Reception Venue Canal Street Yacht Club
Wedding Dress: Mori Lee at Eva’s Bridal
Groom’s Attire: Dubois Formalwear
Flowers: Alfa Flower Shop
DJ: Midwest Sound
Cake & Desserts: Baked Custom Desserts
To the many, many families I was able to serve over the course of the year. THANK YOU! Thank you for trusting me with your families’ most cherished memories and for giving me the opportunity to laugh, play and run around with your little ones.
To all of the lovely married couples and engaged couples…THANK YOU!!! Taylor and Kyle, you will forever hold a special place in my heart as being my first ever wedding. Thank you to all of this year’s couples who trusted me with documenting their most important day. For booking me and putting your faith in me when I had yet to shoot a single wedding.
If I had to choose one word to describe 2017, it would be incredible. Never did I think a long time hobby could turn into something like this. I’m so excited for 2018 and can’t wait to work with more wonderful families and couples. Thank you to all of my clients, my family and other seasoned photographers for all of your love, support and advice! 2017 wouldn’t have been this amazing without all of you!
Kristin and Bryce met while they were each out with friends. It’s so funny to hear the story according to Kristin, because it just reminds me how much communication and the dating world has changed since I started dating my now husband. Bryce actually called Kristin as opposed to texting her! These two hit it off and the rest is history. We headed down to the Milwaukee Lakefront for their engagement session and I can’t wait to hang out with these two again at their wedding next summer.
Amanda and Jim had the most perfect day for a wedding at Boerner Botanical Gardens. Their ceremony was small and intimate and very much about them, as they both wrote their own vows to one another. There was barely a dry eye in the audience. After their ceremony, the two hosted a fun, casual and laid back reception at one of my favorite places, Camp Bar in the Third Ward. Congratulations Jim and Amanda! I wish you nothing but the best for your life together!
Special thanks to these amazing vendors who helped make Jim and Amanda’s day extra special:
Ceremony: Boerner Botanical Gardens
Ceremony Music: Sound By Design
Reception: Camp Bar
Florist: Bloom Floral
I’m not going to lie. When Lauren’s parents reached out to me to see if I’d do Lauren’s senior pictures I was a little nervous. I’m so used to having to bribe my subjects with gummy snacks, I wasn’t sure how I’d be with this age group. Turns out, I really love Senior sessions! Lauren is simply GORGEOUS! We had so much fun laughing and talking about high school and plans for after. For her session, I had a few spots in my mind that I wanted to use, but she totally brought her personality to the shoot. She wanted to do a session at the Pabt’s Theater because she’s been involved in theater for years. Good luck to Lauren on her Senior year. There’s no doubt in my mind that she’s going to do incredible things.
Taylor and Kyle had the most perfect wedding day anyone could’ve asked for. It was so much fun hanging out with them all day long and I’m still so honored that they asked me to document their big day.
I had the joy of hanging out with the ladies at the salon before the bridal preparations took place. Because Jamie had another wedding that same day, she had to fit Taylor in earlier in the morning. Afterwards, we all had lunch together before heading to the venue.
One thing I learned about Taylor and Kyle is that everyone at their wedding had a long history with them. These two definitely make friends for life, which should be a given since they’ve known each other since they were kids themselves. It’s so amazing to see a couple that has grown up together and who are still so in love after all these years of really knowing each other.
Congratulations Taylor & Kyle! Thank you for asking me to be your wedding photographer and for making me feel like part of the family.
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
Cupcakes: Miss Cupcake Bakery
Groom’s Suite: Men’s Wearhouse Navy suit
Florist: Rachel Block @ Reflections of You
DJ/Entertainment: On the Limiter Productions
Bridal Party Hair and Make up: Impressions